Before installing Toad, ensure that your client system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
- 1 GHz minimum
- 512 MB of RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended
Hard Disk Space
- 212 MB to run Toad for IBM DB2
Note: The disk space required may vary based on the edition of Toad selected for installation.
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- .NET 4.5
- DB2® Client
- Toad requires that a DB2 Client version 9.7.6 through 10.5.be installed as default.
- Toad for IBM DB2 has been tested with the following versions of the DB2 Client: 9.7.6, 9.7.9 ,10.1.0, 10.1.2, 10.1.3, 10.5.0, 10.5.2, and 10.5.3.
Additional Requirements – Web Browser
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
Before installing Toad, ensure that your server meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
- Database Server
- IBM DB2 for LUW 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 10.1, 10.5, 10.5.0.5
- IBM DB2 for z/OS 9, 10, 11
Note: Toad may support IBM DB2 Express and SWE in addition to listed above servers, but note that no testing was performed on it.
Review the following information about using Toad for IBM DB2 in virtual environments:
- Application Virtualization
- Limited testing has been performed for Citrix XenApp 5.0 on Windows Server 2003 and Citrix XenApp 6.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Limited testing has been performed for Citrix support on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2) using the MetaFrame Presentation Server 5.0 and Citrix Presentation Server Clients 10.2.
- Desktop Virtualization (VDI)
Toad has been tested with Quest vWorkspace 7.6 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.
Note: Toad may work in virtualization environments other than the ones in which it was tested.